The march „Trails of Kosovo heroes“jJune 21-28 is a pilgrimage of Serbian patriotic youth who wishes to pay respect to St prince Lazar and his knights who died as martyrs in 1389 in the Battle of Kosovo fighting the Turks. The march also has a pledge character, for it is a message from the Serbian youth that it will not give up on Kosovo and Metohija as it is an inseparable part of Serbian territory.
The participants of the march will walk 30-40 km on a daily basis and sleep in sleeping bags either in nature or the sporting halls of local schools. The march is set during the middle of June at extremely high temperatures. To meet the needs of the participants, it will be necessary to provide water, food and a vehicle which would escort them along the way and carry the nourishment and sleeping bags. This vehicle would be used to return the pilgrims to central Serbia on June 28.
21. June The participants of the march will walk from Kruševac to Kosovska Mitrovica, so that they can attend the liturgy at the Gračanica Monastery on the 28. and the memorial to the heroes of Kosovo at Gazimestan. The pilgrimage symbolically starts from prince Lazar’s Tower in Kruševac, from the same place where the prince’s dinner took place and from where Serbian knights went into battle. As the Serbian heroes did 623 years ago, the pilgrims will, after a prayer, go from Lazar’s town to the fields of Kosovo in the morning. On the first day, the marchers will reach the town of Aleksandrovac.
22. June On the second day od the march, the participants will go to Jošanička banja.
23. June On the third day, the marchers will walk to Raška. On the way they will visit the Pavlica monastery in which are held the remains of the Musić brothers, nephews of prince Lazar, who died in the Kosovo battle.
24. June On the fourth day of the march, the participants will cross the administrative border at Rudnica and arrive at Kosovo and Metohija’s occupied teritorry. They will go on to Leposavić.
25. June The pilgrimage continues to the Banjska monastery – the endowment of St king Milutin. The marchers will rest in the namesake village.
26. June Arrival at Kosovska Mitrovica and the bridge in Ibar river. Sleepover in KM.
27. June Ride by bus to Gračanica and sleepover.
28. June Liturgy in the medieval monastery of Gračanica and bus ride to Gazimestan to commemorate the Kosovo heroes at the memorial tower. Return to Belgrade in the afternoon hours.
Contact us at email@example.com or the number +38164 12 13 931. The applications for the march will begin from June 5th.