The objects of the Party shall be to defend and restore the freedoms, traditions, unity, identity, democracy and independence of the British people, to establish full sovereignty over all our national affairs via restoring the supremacy of the British Parliament, to withdraw from the European Union, to promote democratic British nationalist principles, to promote the social, economic, environmental and cultural interests of the British people and to preserve and promote the ancestral rights and liberties of the British people as defined in the British Constitution.
The European Union has systematically destroyed our agricultural industry. Investment in farming and restoration of fishing rights are essential to reduce Britain’s dependence on overseas suppliers.
The British Freedom Party will seek to return agricultural land owned by global corporations to community farms producing healthy food mainly for local consumption, and operating within our broad strategy for sustainable local economies.
We will use taxation to discourage import of produce that could be grown in the UK and to reduce unnecessary transportation of produce within Britain. We will discourage the use of oil-based fertilizers in favour of a return to more natural methods.
British fishermen will be granted exclusive rights to fish within British territorial and overseas waters, protected by the Royal Navy. We will establish Maritime Protection Zones to enable periodic recovery of fish stocks.
Crime is a major public concern. There are growing areas of our country controlled by anti-social gangs of hooligans, places where even the police fear to tread. The British Freedom Party will return the power of prosecution back to the police, demanding that they act as police, not as uniformed social workers.
Justice will be directed by the rights of the victim, not the rights of the criminal. Crimes of violence will attract lengthy custodial sentences, with capital punishment an option for murder and terrorism. Prisons will be stripped of luxuries, with inmates working to compensate victims. Offenders found to be asylum seekers or illegal immigrants will be immediately deported.
Our party will repeal all repressive laws introduced in the past 30 years restricting freedoms and enforcing political correctness.
No nation can survive without the capacity to defend itself. To deal with threats of the modern era such as global terrorism and lethally armed rogue states, Britain needs a strong, permanent national defence force backed up by a trained citizens army, all under sole British control.
The British Freedom Party will:
• keep British forces out of wars that do not directly threaten the homeland or our territory abroad;
• strengthen the British Army to 1970 levels, and equip the Royal Navy and Air Force with the manpower and machinery necessary to counter conceivable threats to Britain by air or sea;
• maintain Britain’s independent nuclear capability;
• withdraw from NATO and from European joint command structures;
• create a new, cross-service special force to counter terrorism and asymmetric warfare threats.
The Parliamentary parties pay little heed to the British people. Whoever we vote for, we get the same policies of mass immigration, multiculturalism and surrender of powers to Europe. Our membership of the EU costs £20 billion a year, a dreadful price to pay for allowing a foreign oligarchy to impose its laws on us.
British Freedom will restore democracy to Britain by:
• withdrawing from the European Union;
• restoring power back to the British Parliament by repealing all laws and treaties that have allowed others to impose their will upon us;
• abolishing restrictions on free speech;
• introducing citizens’ referenda on major issues, whose decisions will be binding on parliament;
• ensuring that matters concerning England only are debated and voted upon only by English MPs (though of course we oppose the break-up of the United Kingdom).
British technological and scientific innovation was once world-leading, and provided the foundation for thriving manufacturing industries. But the destruction of British manufacturing during the Thatcher, Blair and Brown years has made our economy over-reliant on service and banking sectors.
Countries such as Japan, South Korea and Singapore have managed to combine competitive private enterprise with the national good, and we can learn much from them. We will revitalise our manufacturing industries and break multinational monopolies to place British industrial assets under national control.
We will end the costly EU swindle, cancel the £9 billion foreign aid budget, withdraw from the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya, and end the spending of untold billions on immigration and its ancillary costs (welfare, counter-terrorism, etc.). We will tax employers outsourcing work overseas, and prosecute those using illegal labour.
Once the envy of the world, Britain’s education system has become dumbed down to the point where employers are dubious even of university degrees.
Education under British Freedom will be built around merit-based selection and proven (traditional) teaching methods. It will prioritise science and technology to establish a base of expertise for Britain’s industrial resurgence, and will emphasise British history and culture, to promote a sense of shared identity.
Specifically, the British Freedom Party will:
• apply traditional teaching methods to raise overall levels of literacy and numeracy;
• re-introduce exam-based selection at age 11, dividing pupils between grammar schools and vocational/ technical schools;
• re-establish discipline by enabling teachers to chastise bad behaviour, with (parentally supervised) corporal punishment as a last resort;
• require all schools to teach British Citizenship classes promoting British culture, history and integration;
• restore grants for university students taking degrees in science, engineering and technology;
• outlaw sex education for children under 13.
After 30 years as a net exporter, in 2004 Britain became a net importer of energy, and since then our dependency on foreign supplies of fuel, including coal from Russia and oil and gas from Norway, has steadily increased.
Renewable alternatives such as wind power cannot meet current or future requirements. We aim to make Britain an energy independent nation by supplying all its needs from a diversity of sources.
British Freedom will:
• invest in modern, safe, nuclear generating plant;
• re-open viable coal mines and invest in coal-fired power stations with carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) technology;
• invest in renewable energy projects, where they are cost effective;
• invest heavily in nuclear fusion research and development;
• invest in the development and application of energy saving technologies;
• exploit oil resources within British South Atlantic territorial waters.
Britain is becoming one of the most overcrowded countries in the world, and the growing population places ever greater strains on the natural environment. Whilst green spaces and wildlife habitats are lost to development, pollution increases, as do demands on water and other natural resources. These demands not only diminish our quality of life, but threaten the existence of many native plant and animal species.
We take seriously our responsibility to protect British nature for future generations, and to that end will:
• end immigration, thereby limiting human impacts;
• restrict new housing projects to brown field sites;
• replace industrial and factory farming with more sustainable, organic forms of agriculture;
• move freight from the roads to a fully integrated rail and tram network;
• modernise public transport, maximising usage by minimising fares;
• promote the integration of green spaces into urban developments, giving all young people access to nature.
The National Health Service was once the jewel in the crown of our nation and the envy of the developed world. But it has been reduced to a shadow of its former self and is now run almost as an ‘International Health Service’ with treatment available to foreign visitors, who often leave without paying.
The NHS has been run into the ground under successive governments through chronic mismanagement. Superbugs spread and patients sometimes leave our dirty hospitals in a worse state than they entered. Our sick are often unable to receive the drugs they badly need, but money is spare to buy drugs for people who have brought diseases from abroad.
These priorities are all wrong. The British Freedom Party would prioritise treatment for British citizens and put an end to the scandal of ‘Health Tourism’ which costs us over £2.5 billion a year. It’s time to put our own people to the front of the queue and make the NHS a ‘National Health Service’ once again.
Britain has been subjected to mass immigration for several decades and our small island can take no more. It’s about space, not race, and it’s time to shut the door.
Many earlier immigrants to Britain, particularly those from the former Commonwealth, came here because of a deep affection for our country and its culture. But now, along with indigenous Britons, established minorities are starting to feel like strangers in their own land because of unrestricted mass migration.
As well as halting immigration, the British Freedom Party would refuse asylum to those who have passed through safe countries to get here. We would deport illegal immigrants and foreign-born criminals taking up space in our jails. We would end the scandal of cheap labour being imported from overseas, depriving British workers of jobs. And we would demand that all naturalised citizens sign a declaration of loyalty to the Crown, the British Constitution, the British people and Parliament.
We believe that naturalised migrants have an obligation to fit in with our way of life and to respect our customs; that for a cohesive society, integration into British culture is a duty, not a choice.
Detailed policy statements in each of the above areas can be found here.